Writing competition aims at creating awareness on the contemporary topic of Corporate Governance.
INDIACSR (www.indiacsr.in), the only news portal on CSR in India is pleased to announce the result of “INDIACSR Essay Writing Competition on Corporate Governance in India”. (EWC-2010) which ran throughout Novemebr, December 2010 and January 2011. INDIACSR received 36 entries from the students of all over India. The competition invited individuals those are studying in colleges in various disciplines.
The top prize goes to Sonali Soni, 3rd year Student of Chanakya National Law University, Patna, whose article will be featured in the portal and forthcoming CSR journal.
Vivek Asati, MBA (International Business) student at Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, Kolkata has secured second position and Nandini Duggal, MBA (International Business) Student of Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, New Delhi got third position in the competition, whose article will be featured in the portal and forthcoming CSR journal.
Students secured first, second and third position in the competition to be honoured with prizes along with certificate and there are also 10 consolation prizes.
Here is the list of 10 consolation prizes winners:
1. Karra Sowmya, Student of 3 rd Semester B Tech information Technology at Pragati Engineering College, Surampalem (AP)
2. Sunita Patil, Student of MBA 1st semester 2010-2011 at MATS School of Business, Belgaum-590006
3. Rawisen Guria, Student of The WB National University of Juridical Science, Kolkata)
4. Ankit Gupta, Student of MBA-1 (Finance) at Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune
5. Shipra Maurya, Student of MBA of Shri Ramswaroop Memorial College of Engineering and Management
6. Navneet Kumar, Student of PGDM (2 Years Residential MBA Program) at S.P. Jain Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai
7. Debarati Sarkar, Research Scholar in International Institute for Population Sciences, Mumbai
8. Giridhar V Giri, student at Madras Intitute of Technology, Chrompet, Chennai-600044
9. Madhvi Datta, Student of BBA LLB at Symbiosis Law School, Senapati Bapat RoadPune, Maharashtra 411004
10. Sumit Khanna, Student of MBA at Shri Ramswaroop Memorial College of Engineering and Management, Lucknow
Dr. Rana Singh, Professor and Assistant Dean at Auro University, Surat judged the competition.
The Essay writing competition aims at creating awareness on the contemporary topic of Corporate Governance. We shall sensitize and educate Researchers, Beaurecrate, Politicians and various Stockholders from different domain areas. The Prime objective is to ignite the spirit and underline objective of Corporate Governance in one and all so as to make INDIA better and brighter INDIA.
INDIACSR is India’s first interactive portal dedicated to making significant contributions through adding new dimensions and perspectives to the domain of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Sustainability, which is emerging globally as one of the hottest contemporary issues. CSR in India has added new paradigms in the light of changing government, regulatory environment, peer pressure, compulsion felt as a result of globalization and the quest for global corporate hegemony. In India, CSR still has a long way to go. www.indiacsr.in is working on acting as a path between the present and the envisioned future.