NEW DELHI: Bangalore based Azim Premji University, set up under the Karnataka Government’s Azim Premji University Act, 2010, has announced three Masters programmes in Education, Development, and Teacher Education.
Programmes are commencing in July, 2011. Azim Premji University aims to contribute to creating a just, equitable and humane society through development of outstanding, creative and socially committed professionals in the education and development sectors in India.
Azim Premji University has a clear social purpose – to facilitate a just, humane, equitable and sustainable society. For this purpose, the institution is offering teaching programs and conduct research in the fields of Education and Development.
The University announces the launch of the following Programmes commencing in July, 2011.
(1) Masters of Arts in Education
(2) Masters of Arts in Development
(3) Masters in Teacher Education
The University looks forward to admitting students who have a strong commitment to becoming social change agents.
Masters in Teacher Education :
(1) Bachelors degree in any discipline (including Physical Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, Engineering, Medicine, Agriculture, Environmental Sciences, Commerce, Management, etc.)
(2) A professional teaching certification (B.Ed / D.Ed / B.El.Ed / B.Sc.Ed / B.A.Ed / NTT / M.A Ed or equivalent)
(3) A minimum of 2 years of teaching experience at the pre-Primary/Primary/Secondary/Higher Secondary School level or their equivalent from the Alternative School system, or Open School system, non-formal education system or the Pre-University education system.
Masters of Arts in Education, Masters of Arts in Development:
(1) Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline (including Physical Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, Engineering, Medicine, Agriculture, Environmental Sciences, Commerce, Management, etc.)
(2) All candidates must have obtained a pass class in their Bachelor’s degree.
(3) Undergraduate students who are appearing for their final examinations and are expecting their results by July 2011 are also eligible to apply. These students, if selected, will be given provisional admission pending their results. Candidates who are in the final year of their Bachelor’s degree and applying for provisional admission and have not passed some of their main / major / subsidiary courses from the first / second year are not eligible to apply. The offer of provisional admission stands cancelled, if the candidate fails in his / her final year exam.
(4) Candidates with work experience in the education or development domains are encouraged to apply.
Common to all three programmes
The aspiring candidate should possess an unyielding desire to contribute to society and become a social change agent.
The candidates need to have basic comprehension and writing abilities in English language.